My Gluten Free Credentials
If you have not met me before, I am a British born, award winning chef/instructor,
with a Culinary Arts degree, trained in London and Switzerland. Though I am not gluten
intolerant, my son is now gluten and lactose intolerant and I also cook for friends who
are. I am currently adapting my favorite baked goods to be gluten free, since doing
without bread, muffins, brownies, pizza etc is the most difficult part of being gluten intolerant.
I recently catered a party where almost all 15 dishes were gluten free.
I am committee chair for Milford High School's Regional Technical Center Culinary Arts Department.
I am a member of the Culinary Arts Committee for Pinkerton Academy.
Gluten Free treats that I've created
I currently make these good gluten free foods from scratch:
raspberry almond tart
chocolate pecan indulgence
frozen Snow Queen meringue dessert
flourless chocolate cake
Kahlúa chocolate cake with Kahlúa chocolate ganache
Asian summer rolls.
I continue to create, adapt and test more gluten free recipes.
My current projects include creating gluten free pasta and ladyfingers for tiramisu.
For a client, I'm working on creating gluten free Filo pastry.
In June, for the girls night out at Just Naturals/Farmers Market in Salzburg
Square, I made gluten free carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, GF brownies
devoured by regular wheat eaters, naturally gluten free cashew nut and roasted
red pepper hummus that I served with my GF bread. I had made my bread into
mini loaves and once
cooked they cut into slices that looked like the cocktail breads Pepperidge
Farm make. I then toasted the thin slices to form croutes (like French Bread
croutes) for the hummus.
Gluten Free Recipes
A number of the Gluten Free recipes that I created are available for free in the
Videos section. The Gluten Free recipes are labeled as 'Gluten Free'.
Many other recipes, also free, are in the
of my web site. Apart from the baked goods, most can be easily adapted to be Gluten Free.
Look for more of my recipes in each month's e-newsletter from CeliacCentral.org. Click on this link:
Current Gluten Free Seminars and Events
I have given fun public cooking classes for ten years, at local libraries,
high schools, senior centers and kitchen design stores. Here's an outline
of the gluten free classes and seminars that I am now working on:
Wednesday 19 January 2011, WMUR's ABC's Channel 9's Cooks Corner with naturally gluten free Buffalo Chicken Soup with gluten free cheese breads, airing at about 12.15 pm.
Full recipes in January 2011 newsletter at CeliacCentral.org the site for National Foundation for Celiac Awareness.
Click here for recipes.
Also includes recipes for gluten free shrimp, mango
and black bean salad (with link to appearance with this recipe on WMUR's Cooks Corner), as well as gluten-free chocolate pecan indulgence.
- 6 week Gluten-free baking/cooking class at Souhegan High School, Amherst, NH, begins Wednesday 26 January 2011.
Suggestions include Belgian waffles,
lemon meringue pie, rocky road cake, cheese breads, winter warming soups, cheesecakes – both gelatin set and baked - Kahlua chocolate, peanut butter chocolate,
vanilla with berry sauce. Participants decide what will be made.
Click HERE for more information
- 'Catch of the Day’ gluten free presentation at,
Amherst, NH Public Library
on Tuesday 15 February 2011, 6.30 - 8.30 pm.
Includes free samples of my:
* Naturally Gluten Free Shrimp and Crab Bisque,
* Naturally Gluten Free Asian Spring Rolls with a filling of fresh raw vegetables, herbs, rice noodles and fish served with orange ginger dipping sauce.
* Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Marble Bars.
- Thursday 10 March 2011, Gluten Free presentation with samples of my recipes at at 7 PM.
Nevins Memorial Library, Methuen, MA
Wednesday 23 March 2011, WMUR's ABC's Channel 9's Cooks Corner with another tasty gluten free dish, airing at about 12.15 pm.
- Gluten Free Chinese cooking class/dinner for Seacoast New Hampshire Celiac Support Group.
Saturday 9 or 16 April 2011, Made from scratch, Gluten-free chicken teriyaki, gluten-free crab rangoons, gluten-free Chinese almond cookies etc. Contact is Dan Davis
603-778-1938, email: email@example.com.
Wednesday 9 May 2011, WMUR's ABC's Channel 9's Cooks Corner with another tasty gluten free dish, airing at about 12.15 pm.
- Saturday 14 May 2011, 10am - 12 pm, Gluten Free presentation with samples of my recipes .
Celiac/Gluten Intolerant Support Group, Keene, NH. Contact: Kay Steinka, 603-352-3183. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am currently confirming dates for demos/presentations with additional health centers and libraries.
Past Gluten Free Seminars and Events
- Business and Professional Women's (BPW) Association in Londonderry, September 2009.
- Southern New Hampshire Gluten Intolerance Association in Nashua, October 12, 2009.
- Continuing a series of Saturday baking classes at Milford High School's culinary arts department with gluten free baked goods.
24 October 2009. Click HERE for more information
- Halloween Wine and Cheese Event at Vintner's Cellar Winery on Tuesday 27 October, all but one dish is naturally gluten free.
Click HERE for more information
- Created a gluten free Halloween Dessert on WMUR's Cooks Corner on Friday 30 October, 2009.
- Gluten free demonstration and presentation at Manchester Public Library on Jan 23, 2010.
- Derry Public Library gluten free seminar - 4 November 2009.
- Union Leader article on Oonagh as 'Goddess of Gluten Free'
Click HERE to see the article
- Gluten Free demonstration and presentation, with samples, at Nashua Public Library on Thursday November 12, 2009
- Interactive Gluten Free Baking Class
on Saturday March 13, 2010. Click HERE for more information
- Gluten Free Irish Soda bread demo and presentation to NH Library Co-Op on March 10,2010
- Gluten free Crepes Suzette for 30 at Moultonborough Public Library April 7, 2010
- Gluten Free demonstration and presentation to Nashua Association for the Elderly April 2010
- Click HERE to see many Gluten Free recipes demonstrated on ABC TV.
- WMUR ABC TV's Cooks Corner 23 April, 2010
- "Interactive Gluten Free Baking Class on Saturday April 24, 2010. Click HERE for more information
- Gluten Free Mother's Day Brunch with Wine on Sunday May 9, 2010.Click HERE for more information
- Gluten Free Presentation and demo to Griffin Public Library May 20
- Gluten Free demonstration and presentation to Nashua Association for the Elderly in May.
- Gluten Free Summer time Presentation and demo to Merrimack Public Library June 15
- Gluten Free Summer time presentation and demo to Sandown Public Library June 22
- Gluten Free Summertime Cooking at the Vegan Kitchen on Saturday July 31, 2010. Click HERE for more information
- Holiday Wine and Dine at Vintner's Cellar Winery on Wednesday December 8, 2010. Click HERE for more information
Gluten Free appearances on TV shows
I have appeared many times, over the last ten years, on our local ABC TV affiliate WMUR-TV 's "Cooks Corner".
My latest appearances have all featured gluten free dishes and are also on YouTube.
Click HERE to see many Gluten Free recipes demonstated on ABC TV..
Most recently, I made a
naturally Gluten Free Shrimp and Quinoa Salad
with a herb vinaigrette and lots of fresh vegetables.
Gluten Free training for families with Autism
I have been asked to work with Autism groups (mothers) to help them with food
for their autistic children. Current thinking is that a gluten free and totally
dairy (casein) free diet can make major improvements without medications.
Gluten Free training in your home
I advise people in their homes, with:
- How to make the kitchen a gluten free zone
- How to avoid cross-contamination
- How to read labels and make informed supermarket trips
- Private Gluten Free cooking classes
- Catering Gluten Free dinner parties
For more details just e-mail me or call me at 603-424-6412
Site © 1999-2011 Oonagh Williams,
All rights reserved.